Toronto is a great city, where people worldwide can find a job, their mate, and lots of cultures. Toronto is also very interesting, with things going on every day and every night. It is one of the most multicultural cities in North America. There are many ways to get around Toronto as well. You can take the subway at two locations: Bloor-Yonge station or Union Station. There is also a bus line to get around the city. You can also take taxis, buses, and Zip Cars.
1) The majority of foreigners think that Toronto is the capital of Canada. This is not true, the capital city of Canada is Ottawa. Instead, Toronto is the capital city of the province of Ontario.
2) The CN Tower is the tallest free-standing structure in the Western Hemisphere, at 553.33 metres.
3) Toronto has a huge array of television stations and production companies. It has many foreign broadcasters such as OmNom Studios, Red Kite Animation, Cookie Jar Entertainment Ltd., Slaight Communications, Decode Entertainment Inc., DHX Media Ltd., Cuppa Coffee Studios and 9 Story Entertainment Group. The CITY-TV network broadcasts out of studios in Mississauga and downtown Toronto. MuchMusic franchise was originally established here.
4) Toronto is one of the most expensive cities in the world. It has many very costly areas. One area within the city is known as Yorkville, this is where the most expensive real estate is. The average price of a $1 million house in Yorkville is around $4.5 million.
5) Toronto has an abundance of nightclubs, they are located in places such as Queen West and Midtown. Some of these clubs include The Balcony, The Opera House, and the Phoenix Landing.
6) It is the most multicultural city in Canada.
7) The city is North America’s 4th largest city.
8) Toronto has more than 2.9 million people living in it, making it the most populated city in Canada.
9) Toronto has many language schools, they teach foreign languages to people who wish to learn a new language and then pass the test for a proper certificate. Some of these schools are The Canadian School of French, The Canadian School of Spanish and English.
10) It is the economic capital of Canada.