The sunny city of Miami is a dream destination for many tourists and travelers looking for a beachside holiday. And, given that it’s just an hour away from Orlando by car, it’s easy enough to get there too! However, if you’re coming to Miami International Airport (MIA), you might want to have the following information at hand.
Miami International Airport is located just nine miles west of Downtown Miami and can be accessed by parking at one of the two on-site lots or taking public transit via MIA Mover. There are also many shuttle services that will take passengers directly from their hotel to MIA. Passengers with no checked bags can use the pre-check queue solely for international arrivals which offers expedited processing time.
Read on below to discover more information and facts about Miami.
Miami was established as a town in 1858 by Julia Tuttle. Miami was incorporated into a city on July 28, 1896. During World War II, Miami’s Florida Keys were used by the U.S. Army Air Corps for training purposes.
The Tequesta tribe inhabited the area for more than 1,000 years… long before Europeans came around.
Miami is known for its tropical climate, beautiful beaches, and art deco architecture due to its location on Biscayne Bay on the Atlantic coast. The city holds many different festivals all year round which highlight the city’s diverse cultural and ethnic heritage. Visitors can expect to find the beautiful architecture from the Art Deco period mixed with modern design.
The main attraction in Miami is South Beach. The area has an old-fashioned Cuban theme, complete with steel drums and vintage cars, as well as flashing lights, palm trees, and colorful entertainment for visitors.
The city attracts millions of tourists from all over the world and is home to the Miami Heat of the NBA, a team that has won three championships in the past decade, and the Miami Marlins of Major League Baseball, who play at Marlins Park.
Miami has plenty to offer guests looking for a fun time on holiday including shopping in Bal Harbour Shops, dancing at Club Space or chilling by the pool at Mondrian South Beach.
South Florida International Airport is located just nine miles west of Downtown Miami and can be accessed by parking at one of the two on-site lots or taking public transit via MIA Mover. There are also many shuttle services that will take passengers directly from their hotel to MIA. Passengers with no checked bags can use the pre-check queue solely for international arrivals which offers expedited processing time.
Toronto is a great city, where people worldwide can find a job, their mate, and lots of cultures. Toronto is also very interesting, with things going on every day and every night. It is one of the most multicultural cities in North America. There are many ways to get around Toronto as well. You can take the subway at two locations: Bloor-Yonge station or Union Station. There is also a bus line to get around the city. You can also take taxis, buses, and Zip Cars.
1) The majority of foreigners think that Toronto is the capital of Canada. This is not true, the capital city of Canada is Ottawa. Instead, Toronto is the capital city of the province of Ontario.
2) The CN Tower is the tallest free-standing structure in the Western Hemisphere, at 553.33 metres.
3) Toronto has a huge array of television stations and production companies. It has many foreign broadcasters such as OmNom Studios, Red Kite Animation, Cookie Jar Entertainment Ltd., Slaight Communications, Decode Entertainment Inc., DHX Media Ltd., Cuppa Coffee Studios and 9 Story Entertainment Group. The CITY-TV network broadcasts out of studios in Mississauga and downtown Toronto. MuchMusic franchise was originally established here.
4) Toronto is one of the most expensive cities in the world. It has many very costly areas. One area within the city is known as Yorkville, this is where the most expensive real estate is. The average price of a $1 million house in Yorkville is around $4.5 million.
5) Toronto has an abundance of nightclubs, they are located in places such as Queen West and Midtown. Some of these clubs include The Balcony, The Opera House, and the Phoenix Landing.
6) It is the most multicultural city in Canada.
7) The city is North America’s 4th largest city.
8) Toronto has more than 2.9 million people living in it, making it the most populated city in Canada.
9) Toronto has many language schools, they teach foreign languages to people who wish to learn a new language and then pass the test for a proper certificate. Some of these schools are The Canadian School of French, The Canadian School of Spanish and English.
10) It is the economic capital of Canada.